Lower back pain is a common condition that affects 60-80% of people at some point in their lives. According to some studies around 23% adult population of the world suffer chronic lower back pain. It is often caused by injury, strain, or overuse of the muscles, ligaments, and joints in the lower back. First Class Physical Therapy Passaic offers lower back pain physical therapy in Passaic NJ.
Passaic is a city in Passaic County, New Jersey, located about 10 miles west of New York City. It is part of the New York City metropolitan area and has a diverse population of over 70,000 people. Passaic is a vibrant city with a mix of residential, commercial, and industrial areas. It is known for its diverse communities, with a large Hispanic population and many other ethnic groups represented.
Passaic has a rich history dating back to the early 18th century when it was originally settled by Dutch and English colonists. In the 19th century, Passaic became a centre for manufacturing and industrial development, with factories producing textiles, silk, and other goods.
First Class Physical Therapy Passaic offer a variety of physical therapy services and specialize in treating conditions such as orthopaedic injuries, sports injuries, and post-surgical rehabilitation.
Lower back pain is a common condition that can be effectively managed with physical therapy. Physical therapy can help reduce pain, improve function, and prevent future episodes of lower back pain.
Some common causes of lower back pain include:
- Muscle or ligament strain: This can occur due to sudden movement, lifting heavy objects, or overuse of the back muscles.
- Herniated or bulging discs: This happens when the discs that cushion the vertebrae in the spine become damaged and press on nerves, causing pain.
- Degenerative disc disease: This is a condition where the discs in the spine degenerate over time, which can lead to pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a condition where the spinal canal narrows, putting pressure on the spinal cord and nerves.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a condition where the cartilage that cushions the joints breaks down, causing pain and stiffness.
- Scoliosis: This is a condition where the spine curves abnormally, which can cause pain and discomfort.
- Poor posture: This can put excess strain on the muscles and ligaments in the lower back, leading to pain and discomfort.
- Obesity: Excess weight can put pressure on the spine and lead to lower back pain.
- Osteoporosis: This is a condition where the bones become weak and brittle, which can increase the risk of fractures and back pain.
Here are some common physical therapy techniques used to treat lower back pain:
- Manual Therapy: This involves hands-on techniques such as massage, mobilization, and manipulation to help relieve pain, reduce muscle tension, and improve joint mobility.
- Exercise Therapy: Exercise can help strengthen the muscles in the lower back, improve flexibility and range of motion, and reduce pain. Your physical therapist may recommend exercises that focus on core stability, such as abdominal and back strengthening exercises.
- Modalities: This includes the use of heat, cold, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation to help relieve pain and reduce muscle tension.
- Education: Your physical therapist can provide you with education on proper posture, body mechanics, and ergonomics to prevent future episodes of lower back pain.
- Behavioral Therapy: This may involve cognitive-behavioral therapy, relaxation techniques, and stress reduction to help manage chronic pain and prevent future episodes.
It is important to remember that physical therapy is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Your physical therapist will create a personalized treatment plan based on your individual needs and goals. It is also important to follow your physical therapist’s instructions and attend all scheduled appointments for the best possible outcome.
Our Physical Therapy Services in Passaic
- Physical Therapy Passaic
- Musculoskeletal and Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Passaic
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation Passaic
- Pre/Post Surgical Rehabilitation Passaic
- And much more
Areas We Serve
We are already serving patients from Passaic and nearby locations of Passaic like Garfield, Lodi, Wallington, East Rutherford, Rutherford and Lyndhurst.
Insurances We Cover
We accept Medicare, Aetna Better Health, Horizon NJ Health, Wellcare, Clover and many other popular insurances.